Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Fun Day at the Schroers


We had a fun yesterday. At 3:00 we went to our friends to swim and eat and watch fireworks. I am glad I could touch the bottom of their pool this year! We swam until supper time, and after supper I was playing in the sandbox. Daddy came over and told me that at 6:30 we could go back in the pool and have another great time in the pool.
We swam until it was time for fireworks. My eyes got very red even though I wore my goggles a lot. A lot of time in the pool, Daddy said, "No JUMPING!" But once in awhile we started jumping and he didn't say anything about it. I did a kneeling dive and then I told Daddy and he said, "No more DIVING!"
I really loved the fireworks that went up in the air and when they got up as high as they could, they s prayed out in pretty colors.
When we came home from Schroers, we did the rest of our fireworks. I had the biggest firework in our family. They were the roman candles. They are still sticking in our yard today.
Did you have a fun time on the 4th of July at your house?

2 comments:

daisyinnovember said...

Yes, we did. We went to your grammy's house and played horseshoes.

You are a good writer, Will! I like your description of the fireworks, the candles, and your time at the pool. (Wait - that was the entire post. Well, you get the idea!)

love,
your cousin Renae

grammy4him said...

You might be tired of swimming by now..are you?? =) I'm glad you had a fun day and got to see lots of pretty fireworks. Do you know why we celebrate the 4th of July?? We had fun playing horseshoes and watching fireworks at my house too!...but I missed having you all there!! I'm glad you can have your celebration too, and have fun things to do, too!! =)
I love you!!
Grammy